Despite the increasing awareness on gay rights and other issues related to homosexuality, a lot of people from across the globe continue to remain confused about the relationship between practicing LGBT lifestyle and being a Christian? Is it possible for you to comply with the principles of Christianity while practicing LGBT lifestyle? This article highlights the principles of Christianity that happen to be against homosexuality.
- An authentic Christian cannot practice homosexuality as it happens to be a contradiction to biblical teachings and contradicts the promise of “abundant life” as promises by Jesus: The term “gay Christian” is certainly an oxymoron. According to Christian faith, if a person responds to the gospel message, he / she finds a new start to fulfill their destiny.
- Practicing homosexuality is a sin and contradicts biblical teachings on god’s order for human relationships: While some religious and gay – affirming leaders and churches might to differ on this, the Bible unambiguously and without exceptions prohibits practicing homosexuality. In addition, it tells us to respect god’s design of sexual behavior involving opposite sexes. This is so you enjoy a fulfilling sexual experience and have children, which happen to be an expansion of your marital life.
- Homosexuality is not just another “alternative lifestyle”: In both old and New Testament accounts, homosexuality and various other immoral activities are deeply condemned. There is an entire chapter in the Old Testament that lists certain activities calling them detestable. The New Testament has made use of 5 terms with regard to male and female homosexuality – perverted, unnatural, degrading, shameful and indecent.
- All of us have the tendency of going wrong: You don’t have to train someone to laugh, cry, lie or be selfish. Having a free will to take decisions make us all accountable for our actions. Biology cannot be blamed for making us do something wrong; however, circumstances might leave an impression. According to science as well as religious scriptures, homosexuality hasn’t been proven to be a result of biological changes.
- The cause of bisexuality is fairly common: According to Christianity, there are a few common and agreed – upon factors that leads to a person practicing homosexual behavior.
According to scriptures, here are a few common reasons responsible for the same:
- Dysfunctional home environment.
- Seduction by people around them of someone whom they trust. Studies have shown that people who claim to be gays and lesbians were molested when they were young.
- Influence of media
- Pornographic content.
- Experimenting with sexuality.
- Induced confusion about their true identity.
- Absence of father.
In short, if you’re practicing homosexuality, calling yourself an authentic Christian wouldn’t be fair. In fact, this is exactly why legalization of gay and lesbian marriages took a great deal of time even in developed nations like the United States of America.